Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Fall is a favorite time for me. Yet one of the saddest things that happens at the beginning of fall is to see the garden hit with the frost. I know as I'm writing this that that is not far off.

I enjoy looking out into the back yard from my seat in front of this computer as I pause to think or to just to give my eyes a break from the monitor. Our backyard is quite typical. However, I will see something from time to time that hits me with a nice feeling.

The second planting of corn is drying. In the early sun of the day the contrast between those rows of drying stalks with their interesting curling leaves and light golden tassles next to the still green cherry tomato plants and the vines of green beans provides a pleasant view.

Several robins and two other birds of an unknown kind are casually walking between the rows looking for what must be kernals of corn fallen from the ears too small to pick. Its nice to see them getting a meal from a part of the garden no longer of use to us.

Its also nice to know that I don't have to water that part of the garden any more. Corn is fun to watch as it so quickly grows in the summer heat. And now with its purpose complete, it still provides a visual treat... an interesting thing to look at for a moment or two... at least thats the way I see it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Booklogged said...

Nice picture. What's the black stuff above the computer?

Sat Sep 09, 01:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home